woensdag 29 april 2009

Finding the right maturity model

My 'introduction' to Enterprise Architecture this week in London made a huge impression on me. Somehow almost all presenters at the conference managed to have too much to tell in too little time. As a consequence it took a lot of concentration to 'get the story'. Today was the second day of the conference and offered three parallel streams of presentations. I preferred the stream on EA in Government and the public sector. As a consequence we had a lot of presentations by dutch people. Some of the things I found interesting:
- try to have the business 'pull' in stead of the architects 'push'
- SOA at 3TU has performance problems
- there is not much experience on Enterprise Architecture in Higher Education in the Netherlands
- releases of functionality grouped to deliver maximum benefit for the minimum risk and price
- you don’t have to complete an entire EA framework to add value to a client
- a service = function and capability
- why EA? because we remember your future?
- when technological complexity meets social complexity there is never 1 solution
- architecture = a dialogue

Tomorrow I will go back home and try to figure out where to start within our organisation. I'm happy that I have met same 'partners in crime' on the matter of Architecture and hope that we will keep in touch in the near future.

Geen opmerkingen: